Monday 23 September 2013

Swans, sofas and other scintillating events from the weekend ...

Hubby is in mourning ... his ensemble of last weekend has taken a dour turn.


Yep, on Saturday night ... his dearly beloved AFL team the Sydney Swans were defeated ... they were slaughtered ... they were smashed ... they suffered a flogging of epic proportions.

So there goes that celebratory Grand Final winning overseas trip I was planning.

But when a man is feeling low and disheartened ... there is nothing like a hearty breakfast to warm the cockles of his battered and broken heart.

Specially when someone else has cooked it.


And as I told Hubby ... nothing will cheer him up faster than a little spending spree.  It will make him soooo happy to get that new sofa anyway ... you know the one we wanted last weekend ... back when he was still happy.


Somewhat surprisingly he agreed.

I think it had something to do with the fact that dibs have already been placed on all the seats ... of that sofa we don't actually own.

Hubby dibbed this one.


Master 13 dibbed this one.


Master 16 dibbed this one.


Which left me with no choice ... but to organise this one for myself.


In this fabric.


On which absolutely no boys are allowed ... EVER.

10 comments:

  1. But what about boy doggies? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby misery over badly performing soccer teams is a dire thing- I've seen mine in some states of despair! as you can see I'm not a caring sort over it, you definitely had a good idea with the breakfast! the sofa is fab! and your chair is gorgeous! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to show some sympathy ... but secretly I was just relieved that there will be no rushed, expensive trip to the grand final ... after all I clearly have other plans for that money ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your family is such a cute one - dibs on the unpurchased couch! I like your armchair / otttoman combo. I think you've got the best seat in the house in that one!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too ... but ssshhh ... don't tell them :0)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I am oh so glad that you have dibs on your very own and well deserved armchair! I too think you have the very best seat in your house as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha .. I'm waiting for the rest of them to work it out ... my lips are sealed ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Mmm... breakfast.
    Mmm... new sofa.
    Mmm... boy-free chair zone, all your own.
    Sorry, was there something in there about sport or something? It didn't quite register... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... I have a couple of weeks of peace ... then cricket season starts ... boo hoo ;0)
      xx

      Delete