Friday 21 December 2012

Watch out Martha and Nigella......

My extended family is gathering for our Christmas Celebrations tomorrow afternoon.....this year we are having an untraditional afternoon tea.

There was a bit of a false start when I thought I wouldn't be able to attend...see here....but due to Master 15 managing to secure a shift change we are now able to go....albeit a little late.

Of course that means I have to come up with a "plate".....and as afternoon tea isn't the usual Christmas scenario....I can't very well take half a pig!

I racked my brains....and finally decided on Hummingbird Cake...any cake with pineapple in it must be summery.....right?? Then to add a touch of Christmas...I decided on an old favourite in this household...Gingerbread Men!

I have a recipe that I have used many, many times......


.....it's foolproof.....just shove in the ingredients.....


.....mix them up....roll them out.....


....cut them out.....


....put them on the tray and into the oven.....


....wait around 12 minutes and then take them out, when they are all golden brown and smelling delicious......


Once I had finished....and washed everything up....and finally sat down with a nice cold Pepsi Max....thats when I realised that I used the wrong flour!!!


Did I say foolproof?

Nigella I ain't!

No comments:

Post a Comment