Sunday 23 December 2012

Slaving on Sunday.......

Yesterday we spent a very enjoyable afternoon at my Brother's house for early Christmas.

Today there was no more time for slacking off....we had much to do!

Firstly we went to the supermarket and spent $499.68 on groceries....yes people....$499.68 on groceries....and we are not even having Christmas at our place.  As if that wasn't enough we then spent $173.00 on alcohol! If my kids say there's nothing to eat....even once......I'm going to flip my lid!

We decided to buy half a leg of ham...not because we really needed it......but because it's just not Christmas if you're not eating ham until half way through January!

Then we decided we couldn't put off cleaning up the backyard for one more day!  Hubby gave me the job of pulling out the weeds that love to grow between the pavers....


.....we have a LOT of pavers.....



This was me....very unimpressed......about a third of the way through the job....cursing Hubby....


....did I mention it was HOT today!

We did the lawns, we removed all the cobwebs....though of course they will be back tomorrow, we cut back the overgrown plants.......



Hubby even vacuumed, we washed the outdoor furniture, we did the weeding......and finally we finished....


We saw a pod of pelicans....that's what they're called.....really.....


Then we finally sat down....


Tomorrow it's all about the inside......I can hardly wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment