Sunday 30 December 2012

How entertaining......

Hubby has a dream....not of freedom for all.....or even for world peace....he is dreaming of a 60 inch LED LCD TV.

Therein lies a small problem.....you see this is our "entertainment unit"......



.....it only just houses our dinky little 32 inch screen.

It was bought back in the day when we believed that the bigger our entertainment unit the more entertaining we were......but 60 inch screens were only found in movie theatres or the homes of the extremely rich....so screen space was not a priority.

These days low line tv units are the done thing....


....but I have an issue with these...where do you put all your stuff?  My cupboards are filled with CDs, DVDs, board games, books, photos.....more board games and stuff....lots and lots of stuff!

So I came up with a plan....around 18 months ago I replaced this buffet with a larger one....you know to house all my stuff....since then it has been languishing away in my garage.....collecting dust....


My plan is to remove the hutch...leaving the buffet....and then painting it....this colour....


...which I admired on a wall in Ikea yesterday....and replace the handles with some nice porcelain knobs.  It's a great plan....if it works!!!!!

Of course this still leaves me with a little less storage....so I went and checked out this in the sales.....


So now I have a little project...which I will update you on when and if it succeeds!

Hubby really should be careful what he wishes for....it could end up costing him a lot of money!!!
Safe
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k2qLB...
Feel free to open this page.
Trend Micro Page Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment