Thursday 11 October 2012

How to be a domestic goddess.......

I will preface this post by saying that I firmly believe "stay at home Mum" to be one of the hardest jobs in the whole world....with the worst pay ever......but today I was feeling particularly unmotivated.....

How to be a Domestic Goddess

The life of a housewife is dire indeed.
The laundry needs washing....there's children to feed.
The floors are all filthy....there's grime on the top.
They need a good sweeping and then a good mop.
The beds all need making...there's rubbish to sort.
There's shirts that need pressing...the way I was taught.
The bathrooms are growing a new breed of mould.
There's a basket of towels that I really should fold.
The dishwashers full....and all the cupboards are bare.
The shopping needs doing...but I've not a dollar to spare.
There's bills that need paying....the mortgage is due.
Hubby says "Get a job"......but he hasn't a clue.
I'm working full time...without bonus or pay.
Already there aren't enough hours in the day.....
To polish and dust....making everything glow.
While managing to catch up on all of my shows.
It's no easy feat to find a moment to chill,
To fix up my nails and watch Dr Phil.
So the mess builds around me....the jobs all pile uppa,
And I'll get to them soon....once I finish this cuppa!!

By Me






No comments:

Post a Comment